If this is your first time coming here, you may want to Subscribe to my RSS feed. Remember to Digg it or Stumble it, if you enjoyed this post! :)

Friday, August 8, 2008

Skype, It's a Simple Solution and Money in the Bank!

Add to Technorati Favorites


VoIP Business Solutions Presents:



Skype, It's a Simple Solution and Money in the Bank!

About a year ago I was really struggling to keep up with the rising cost of my energy bills and gasoline for my car. In addition to that I maintain an office from which I operate a small business and lets just say it has it's own set of problems and expenses.

It seemed as though there was no relief from the ever rising cost of living. I was getting desperate for places to cut out expenses. The one expense that I could not do without but dreaded paying the most was my monthly telephone bills. I had already eliminated my cell phones since I really did not need them in my business. The nature of my business does require that I have high speed Internet access and at-least 2 telephone lines.

The problem is that combined with my home Internet service and 2 telephone lines. I was paying over $400 a month for my telephone services. And believe me I really hated to make that payment each month. Determined that I was not going to pay another huge phone bill I started thinking about using a VOIP service. If you don't know what VOIP (Voice Over IP) is don't worry it's not important.

It was during my research that I came across a very unique service called Skype that was destined to save me nearly $5000 almost instantly. At first I was very skeptical about trying Skype because I really needed a reliable service for my business. I was also concerned about the sound quality of the calls. So I decided to test it while keeping my regular phone services in place. Much to my surprise the sound quality was very good and not one person new I was using a new service. A few people even commented on how clear the calls were.

30 days later I was amazed and totally convinced that I could use Skype with no major concerns. The Skype calls were crystal clear complete with voice-mail, call forwarding and conference calls. I even got free long distance calls to anywhere in the USA and Canada

Needless to say I immediately made changes to my regular telephone services both at my office and at home. Here is what I ended up doing:

- I totally eliminated my regular telephone lines in my office and at home. That saved me about $240 plus long distance charges and left me with just a DSL

line at home and at my office. I was able to get the DSL for about $44 per month. So I now pay under $100 per month for both locations.

- The little service that I found cost me about $60 every 5 months and I have a total of 4 separate phone numbers and some really useful tools for my business.

Over a year later I am still very happy with both the service and my incredible savings. Skype may not be for everyone but it sure works out for me and has saved me a lot of money. So if you are looking to reduce the cost of of your phone bill it is definitely worth a look.

Skype was actually founded in 2003. So it is fairly well established now. Skype is simply a small piece of software that makes communicating with people around the world easy and fun. You can call people's computers, landlines and cell phones. So it is easy to say hello or share a laugh with anyone, anywhere in the world. And if both of you use Skype, it's free.

Skype is available in 28 languages and is used in almost every country around the world. It generates revenue through its premium offerings such as making and receiving calls to and from landlines and mobile phones, as well as voice-mail and call forwarding. The company, based in Luxembourg, has relationships with a growing network of hardware and software providers and is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY).

Gerald Scott is an active author with articles on dozens of topics.
http://allbudgetsolutions.com/low_rates
http://allbudgetsolutions.com/cellphonedeals

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gerald_Scott


Anyone who have switch from conventional phone to skype please share your experience!


VoIP Business Solutions

0 comments: